- This event has passed.
MINI HACKATHON: Defi In Emerging Economies
March 21, 2020 - March 28, 2020
Blockdevs Asia organizes its first Virtual Mini-Hackathon. Instead of one afternoon, teams will now have 1 week to produce a solution. The total prize pool is 200 DAI, and prizes are paid out immediately upon results of the judging.
DeFi stands for Decentralized Finance. These are overlapping financial services implemented in blockchain and run by smart contracts. Building DeFi solutions can bring emerging economies closer to financial inclusion.
The theme of the hackathon is “Defi in Emerging Economies” and example code and online mentorship are available from Blockdevs Asia, MakerDAO and ShuttleOne. DeFi technology is restricted to MakerDAO and ShuttleOne, but frontend-frameworks are up to you.
The hackathon will hopefully encourage developers to design and build DeFi solutions using various technologies that will strengthen the entire ecosystem.
Sign up open now
Sign up before Saturday March 21st, 10am, using the online form.
|Saturday, March 21||2:00pm – 4:00pm||Virtual Meetup: Kickoff|
|Entire week 21-28th March||Development|
|Saturday, March 28th||2:00pm||Code freeze, start of Judging|
|Saturday, March 28th||4:00pm – 5:00pm||Virtual Meetup: Prize ceremony|
Eligibility – who can participate?
This virtual hackathon is open to anyone who has internet access.
How to participate?
- Create a team and complete all registration requirements (see Signup Form).
- Sign up https://dish2020.typeform.com/to/iiAQY0
- Join our Telegram channel: https://t.me/joinchat/HUNPKUjiqOMkzqTqAb7bYQ
- Explore the technical examples
- Join the virtual kick-off meetup, details will be posted in the website and BlockDevs Asia Telegram channel.
- Develop your decentralized app within a week.
- You may post your technical or non technical questions to the BlockDevs Asia Telegram group, we will try to answer as soon as we can.
- You should submit your entries before Saturday March 28, 2PM.
- Judging will start at exactly 2PM, any modifications done on deliverables after the deadline will be disqualified.
- Join the Prize Ceremony virtual meetup on Mar 28 4PM.
What should you build?
A solution that uses DeFi, enhances a MakerDAO product or uses the ShuttleOne API. For example this could be one of the following, but not limited to:
- Financial Inclusion: Access to Financial instruments
Submission of Entries:
- Teams must provide a working product with a presentation deck (as Google Slides)
- Include a link to your github repo – this will be used by the judges to access your project.
- Optional: Deploy it on a server that is accessible to the judges for testing,
- Otherwise, create complete instructions in a readme on how the judges can run and test your project. Warning: Judges may have limited opportunity to figure out installation etc.
- Appropriate/Correct Technology usage
- Impact on Emerging Economies
|3rd||25 DAI (2x)|
|Team registered completely, on time||All minimum Team requirements submitted before kickoff.|
|Attend the virtual meetups||At least one registered Team member should attend the meetups.|
|Main code original||Libraries can be used, but the main code should be written during the hackathon period, and be authored by the team|
|No eligibility for prize if Eth Address not submitted upon kickoff||We need the addresses up-front before the event starts!|